Since 1943, Philo Affiliates, friends of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc., have a long and illustrious history. Please help us welcome five dynamic women to Tacoma's newly activated Philo Affiliate on September 1, 2018.
Their purpose is to work with Tacoma Alumnae members in promoting objectives and principles of sisterhood, scholarship, and service.
The Philo Affiliates support the National Projects of Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
• Project Reassurance-Chapters sponsor workshops and other activities that assist pregnant teens and educate teen mothers about the importance of prenatal and postnatal care, and to better understand infant care and child development.
•Project Wee Savers - The goal of Wee Savers is to allow young people aged 6-18 years to become knowledgeable of the real life skills of saving and buying stocks and bonds.
• Operation Big Book Bag - This project is designed to provide school supplies to children in need.
• Youth Symposium - Sigma Youth Symposiums gather young people and experts in the community to discuss some of the prevalent concerns that negatively impact youth: drugs, teen violence, abuse, low self-esteem, suicide, teen pregnancy, etc.
Women invited to join the Philo Affiliate must meet the following criteria:
• At least 18 years of age
• Non-degreed or possesses an Associate Degree (women with a bachelor degree or higher are encouraged to join Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.)
• Provide history of community service
• Exhibit leadership ability
• Uphold high standards of excellence
• Complete an interview process
• Pay membership fees